Deputy Assistant Secretary for the Bureau of Energy Resources at the US State Department Sandra Oudkirk will visit Baku in February, Trend learned from the US Department of State.
Oudkirk will attend the 5th meeting of the Advisory Council of the Southern Gas Corridor to be held on February 20 in Baku.
“The US Department of State will be represented by Deputy Assistant Secretary for the Bureau of Energy Resources Sandra Oudkirk,” the State Department spokesperson said.
The first meeting of the SGC Advisory Council was held on February 12, 2015, the second meeting – on February 29, 2016, the third meeting – on February 23, 2017, the fourth meeting – on February 15, 2018.
The Southern Gas Corridor is one of the priority projects for the EU and envisages the transportation of 10 billion cubic meters of Azerbaijani gas from the Caspian region through Georgia and Turkey to Europe.
The launching ceremony of the first stage of the Southern Gas Corridor was held in Baku on May 29, 2018, while opening ceremony of TANAP was held on June 12, 2018 in the Turkish city of Eskisehir.
The gas from the Azerbaijani Shah Deniz field has already gone through the first segment of the Southern Gas Corridor – from the Sangachal terminal to the expanded South Caucasus Pipeline.
Trans-Adriatic Pipeline (TAP) and Trans-Anatolian Natural Gas Pipeline (TANAP) have been recently connected on the Turkish-Greek border.
- The U.S. – Educated Azerbaijani Alumni Association calls on the Government of the United States of America to help facilitate the peaceful settlement of the Nagorno Karabakh Conflict
- Азербайджанские выпускники американских вузов обратились к госсекретарю США
- US don’t want problems with Azerbaijani gas supply to Europe due to Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, says US Energy Secretary
- Состоялся телефонный разговор между министром иностранных дел Азербайджана и сопредседателем Минской группы ОБСЕ от США Эндрю Шофером
- Joint Statement Calling for a Ceasefire in Nagorno-Karabakh