AzeriAmerica – Azerbaijani News and Informational website based in U.S. introduces the first US postage stamps dedicated to the 1st European Games in Baku 2015.
The stamp was designed by 7 year old Azerbaijani American Mikail Aliyev from Farmington, CT and submitted by AzeriAmerica on June 5, 2015.
Baku 2015 is the first ever European Games, an exciting and innovative multi-sport event for the continent which will take place from 12 – 28 June 2015.
There will be a total of 20 sports at Baku 2015: 16 Olympic sports and four non-Olympic sports. More than 6,000 athletes from across Europe will be representing their nations over 17 days of competition.
Eleven of the sports will offer qualification opportunities for the Rio 2016 Olympic Games. Those sports include Archery, Athletics, Boxing, Cycling, Shooting, Swimming, Table Tennis, Taekwondo, Triathlon, Wrestling and Volleyball.
Baku was awarded the Games by the European Olympic Committees (EOC) in December 2012. The Baku European Games Operations Committee (BEGOC) will organise and run the Games in co-operation with the EOC.
- Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan met with the Assistant to the President of the United States of America for National Security Affairs
- The Azerbaijani side expresses its gratitude to the United States as co-chair of the OSCE Minsk Group for organizing a meeting of the foreign ministers of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- Hikmet Hajiyev speaks at Atlantic Council in Washington, DC
- Azerbaijan Airlines (AZAL) intends to postpone the timing of delivery of Boeing 737 MAX-8 aircraft
- Azerbaijani movie wins Vitruvian Award in Los Angeles