AzeriAmerica – Azerbaijani News and Informational website based in U.S. introduces the first US postage stamps dedicated to the 1st European Games in Baku 2015.
The stamp was designed by 7 year old Azerbaijani American Mikail Aliyev from Farmington, CT and submitted by AzeriAmerica on June 5, 2015.
Baku 2015 is the first ever European Games, an exciting and innovative multi-sport event for the continent which will take place from 12 – 28 June 2015.
There will be a total of 20 sports at Baku 2015: 16 Olympic sports and four non-Olympic sports. More than 6,000 athletes from across Europe will be representing their nations over 17 days of competition.
Eleven of the sports will offer qualification opportunities for the Rio 2016 Olympic Games. Those sports include Archery, Athletics, Boxing, Cycling, Shooting, Swimming, Table Tennis, Taekwondo, Triathlon, Wrestling and Volleyball.
Baku was awarded the Games by the European Olympic Committees (EOC) in December 2012. The Baku European Games Operations Committee (BEGOC) will organise and run the Games in co-operation with the EOC.
- Baku’s Old City (Icheri-Sheher) Named Most Comfortable and Accessible Historical City
- US State Dept: Southern Gas Corridor to help diversify gas imports
- Utah State Senate adopts a proclamation commending Azerbaijan’s multiculturalism
- The U.S. State Department Raised its Alert Level For Travel to Azerbaijan.
- Azerbaijan’s Consul General meets the Governor of U.S. State of Idaho