Baku Olympic Stadium named one of the world’s bests.
The World Congress of Stadiums-2017 has recognized the Baku Olympic Stadium as “The best new stadium in the world” at its gathering in the capital of Qatar, Doha.
The Baku Olympic Stadium, which was designed to host the inaugural European Games in 2015, has frequently stolen the spotlight of the international arena as one of the most spectacular sports facilities in the world.
The companies that participated in the construction of the BOS – Tekfen Construction and Heerim Architects and Planners – were also awarded.
Furthermore, Moscow’s VTB Arena, Barcelona’s Camp Nou, the Olympic Stadium in Ashgabat and the Hazza Bin Zayed arena in the UAE won in various categories.
The jury that determined the winners included well-known experts in the world of construction – Philip Herpel, Mark Fenwick and Chris Dayt.
The Baku Olympic Stadium is the biggest stadium of Caucasus with capacity of 68,700 spectators and 7th best stadium of the world by StadiumDB. The construction process at the facility went ahead in accordance with the International Building Code, as well as those of UEFA and FIFA.
The six-storey stadium occupies an area of nearly 50 hectares. The pitch has four entrance gates, while the stands have 26 gates. The arena has room for 68,000 spectators and 3,100-car parking spaces.
The facility consists of the main and auxiliary stadiums, an auxiliary building, as well as sections for VIP, CIP, media and disabled spectators.
Last spring the stadium was recognized as the best project by the American Council of Engineering Companies. In 2015 the stadium was named the best project in sports and entertainment by Engineering News Record magazine.
Video by Heerim Architects & Planners Co.,Ltd
- Азербайджан на XIV Международной конференции по восточным коврам в Вашингтоне
- В Нью-Йорке прошел концерт, посвященный 100-летию Азербайджанской Демократической Республики
- US House of Reps member: Azerbaijan is important actor for advancement of global security
- Член комитета по энергетике и торговле Палаты представителей Конгресса США Юджин Грин: Азербайджан – значимая страна для прогресса глобальной безопасности
- Госдеп США: TANAP является прочным дополнительным элементом энергетической безопасности Турции и Европы