Baku is an architectural heaven, inspiring travel destination for architecture lovers.
Baku: Best city for architecture lovers.
Baku, also called the City of Winds, embodies several architectural trends so much that it provides travelers with living, breathing (and free) design exhibits.
The architecture of the city, located at the joint of Europe and Asia, is simply astonishing.
Back in the early 20th century, Azerbaijan went through its first oil boom, and architects from all over Western Europe were attracted to the city to design buildings for the expanding city. The result is a charming mix of architectural styles, genuinely beautiful buildings that line the city’s traffic-choked streets.
Baku’s skyline has grown more cosmopolitan with the addition of modern skyscrapers such as the Heydar Aliyev Cultural Centre, Carpet Museum and the Flame Towers, a three-structure, mixed-use complex that glows in the night.
The curvy lines of modern pieces of architecture co-exist with impressive examples of Azerbaijan’s past. The Old City, including the Palace of the Shirvanshahs and Maiden Tower, became the first location in Azerbaijan to be classified as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
The modern Baku skyline and magnificent architecture combined with ancient sites leaves no one indifferent.
- The U.S. Embassy in Azerbaijan opened the Kurdemir American Corner
- Azerbaijan maintains strong counterterrorism co-op with US
- Посол Азербайджана в США Элин Сулейманов рассказал о последней армянской провокации на форуме The Heritage Foundation
- Президент Ильхам Алиев: Отношения между Азербайджаном и США вступают в новую стадию
- Глава консульской службы посольства Соединенных Штатов в Азербайджане Ким Моралес: Как получить неиммиграционную визу США в Азербайджане