Baku is an architectural heaven, inspiring travel destination for architecture lovers.
Baku: Best city for architecture lovers.
Baku, also called the City of Winds, embodies several architectural trends so much that it provides travelers with living, breathing (and free) design exhibits.
The architecture of the city, located at the joint of Europe and Asia, is simply astonishing.
Back in the early 20th century, Azerbaijan went through its first oil boom, and architects from all over Western Europe were attracted to the city to design buildings for the expanding city. The result is a charming mix of architectural styles, genuinely beautiful buildings that line the city’s traffic-choked streets.
Baku’s skyline has grown more cosmopolitan with the addition of modern skyscrapers such as the Heydar Aliyev Cultural Centre, Carpet Museum and the Flame Towers, a three-structure, mixed-use complex that glows in the night.
The curvy lines of modern pieces of architecture co-exist with impressive examples of Azerbaijan’s past. The Old City, including the Palace of the Shirvanshahs and Maiden Tower, became the first location in Azerbaijan to be classified as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
The modern Baku skyline and magnificent architecture combined with ancient sites leaves no one indifferent.
- Впервые в Бостоне заслуженный артист республики Азербайджан – Шовги Гусейнов
- Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev has expressed condolences to President of the United States of America
- Президент Ильхам Алиев выразил соболезнования Дональду Трампу
- Azerbaijani Communications Minister Meets US Ambassador
- Министр транспорта, связи и высоких технологий Азербайджана Рамин Гулузаде встретился с послом США