“The United States, along with the rest of the international community, does not recognize Nagorno-Karabakh,” US Department of State Deputy Spokesperson Mark Toner has told a press briefing. “Nagorno-Karabakh’s final status will only be resolved in the context of a comprehensive settlement, so we urge the sides to come to the negotiating table in good faith in order to reach a settlement that achieves those goals,” he added.
Azerbaijan’s Nagorno-Karabakh region and its seven surrounding regions were occupied in 1992-1994 by Armenian armed forces. As a result of Armenia’s aggressive policy more than one million Azerbaijanis had to leave their own homes.
- Mugham Festival gathers talented musicians from the USA, France, Hungary, Italy, Turkey, Germany and other countries
- Global Soundscapes Festival – Из Канады в Азербайджан
- Memory of victims of January 20 tragedy honored in Azerbaijan’s Shusha city
- Thirty-one years have passed since the bloody 20 January
- Karabakh to become ecotourism center of regional importance – Association of Hotels and Restaurants of Azerbaijan