“The United States, along with the rest of the international community, does not recognize Nagorno-Karabakh,” US Department of State Deputy Spokesperson Mark Toner has told a press briefing. “Nagorno-Karabakh’s final status will only be resolved in the context of a comprehensive settlement, so we urge the sides to come to the negotiating table in good faith in order to reach a settlement that achieves those goals,” he added.
Azerbaijan’s Nagorno-Karabakh region and its seven surrounding regions were occupied in 1992-1994 by Armenian armed forces. As a result of Armenia’s aggressive policy more than one million Azerbaijanis had to leave their own homes.
- Former US Ambassador: “Azerbaijan has potential to become essential transportation hub for all SCO countries”
- USAID to support creation of common transit space across Trans-Caspian region
- Azerbaijani, Canadian FM’s hold phone talks
- Госсекретарь США Энтони Блинкен позвонил Президенту Ильхаму Алиеву
- President Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to US President Joe Biden