Armenian armed forces again grossly violated the reached agreement on cessation of military operations along the line of confrontation
“Armenian armed forces again grossly violated the reached agreement on cessation of military operations along the line of confrontation,” Azerbaijan`s Defense Ministry said.
“Starting from 23rd evening hrs., gathering additional forces and military equipment in the direction of Aghdere, the units of Armenian armed forces kept our positions and the settlements near the confrontation line of Terter district under fire by using large-caliber weapons, mortars, grenade launchers and heavy artillery. Using 122 mm D-30 howitzers enemy fired up to 20 projectiles to our positions,” the Ministry said.
“Units of our Armed Forces` took immediate counter-measures in order to prevent these hostile activities on that direction.
At midnight on 24th April enemy`s units fired from the tanks gathered along the confrontation line and attempted to attack with additional manpower.”
The Ministry said: “Enemy`s tanks were stopped by fire while approaching to our positions and one of them was destroyed with its crew. After this action Armenian units were forced to retreat towards Aghdere direction.”
“Also Armenian artillery units located around the Suqovusan (Madagiz) military base were suppressed by preventive measures.
Azerbaijan units did not suffer any losses. Operational environment as well as enemy’s activities are under full control of our Armed Forces.”
The Ministry of Defense said that by committing provocations enemy tries to instigate Azerbaijani side to military operations.
Armenian criminal military-political regime is fully responsible for the consequences of these occurring incidents.
- Cостоялся телефонный разговор между министром иностранных дел Азербайджанской Республики Джейхуном Байрамовым и помощником госсекретаря США по делам Европы и Евразии Карен Донфрид
- Azerbaijani, US officials discuss military co-op
- Состоялась встреча председателя Государственного комитета по работе с диаспорой (ГКРД) с директором Американского еврейского комитета (AJC)
- Former US Ambassador: “Azerbaijan has potential to become essential transportation hub for all SCO countries”
- USAID to support creation of common transit space across Trans-Caspian region
Leave a Reply