During the past 24 hours, Armenian armed forces 108 times violated ceasefire on various directions of the contact line between the troops of Azerbaijan and Armenia, said Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry Apr. 24.
Armenian military was using 60, 80 and 120-millimeter mortars and large-caliber machine guns.
Azerbaijani positions located in the villages of Gizilhajili, Kamarli and the nameless heights of the Gazakh district, Kohneqishlaq village of the Agstafa district were shelled from the Armenian positions located in Paravakar and Berkaber villages of Armenia’s Ijevan district, Dovekh village of Armenia’s Noyemberyan district.
Azerbaijani positions located in the villages of Alibayli, Agbulag, Aghdam of the Tovuz district were fired at by Armenians stationed in the villages of Chinari, Aygepar and Mosesgeh of Armenia’s Berd district.
Azerbaijani army positions located on nameless heights in Azerbaijan’s Gadabay district were fired at by the Armenian military stationed on nameless heights in Armenia’s Krasnoselsk district.
Armenian army also opened fire from positions near Chilaburt, Yarimja villages of the Terter district, Shikhlar, Bash Gervend, Kangarli, Novruzlu, Nemirli, Garagashli, Marzili and Yusifjanli villages of the Aghdam district, Kuropatkino village of the Khojavand district, Garakhanbeyli, Horadiz, Gorgan, Ashagi Seyidahmadli villages of the Fizuli district and Mehdili village of the Jabrayil district.
Armenians also opened fire upon the Azerbaijani army positions from nameless heights in the Goygol, Goranboy, Khojavand, Fizuli and Jabrayil districts.
Azerbaijani armed forces inflicted 108 strikes upon Armenian positions.
The conflict between the two South Caucasus countries began in 1988 when Armenia made territorial claims against Azerbaijan. As a result of the ensuing war, in 1992 Armenian armed forces occupied 20 percent of Azerbaijan, including the Nagorno-Karabakh region and seven surrounding districts. The 1994 ceasefire agreement was followed by peace negotiations.
Armenia has not yet implemented four UN Security Council resolutions on withdrawal of its armed forces from the Nagorno-Karabakh and the surrounding districts.
- Мэр американского города Кливленд объявил 28 мая Днем Азербайджана
- В Конгрессе США сделано очередное заявление в связи со 100-летним юбилеем Азербайджанской Демократической Республики
- В Сан-Диего 28 мая объявлено “Днем 100-летия Азербайджанской Демократической Республики”
- Cleveland mayor designates May 28 as Centennial Celebration of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- President of the United States of America Donald Trump congratulated President of Azerbaijan and Azerbaijani people with 100th anniversary of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic