A citizen of the Republic of Azerbaijan, who has adopted citizenship of a foreign country, shall provide written information to the relevant executive authority within a month according to the “Law on Citizenship of the Republic of Azerbaijan”. Regarding this person should apply to State Migration Service if he/she is on the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan, if he/she is out of the country then to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. A sample application form is available on www.migration.gov.az – the official website of the State Migration Service.
Persons who do not report will be punished with fines ranging from three to five thousand manats or community works from 360 to 480 hours in accordance with the Criminal Code of Azerbaijan.
Voluntary acquisition of citizenship of another country by the citizen of the Republic of Azerbaijan shall also be considered as the basis for the loss of citizenship of the Republic of Azerbaijan according to Article 18 of the Law “On Citizenship of the Republic of Azerbaijan”, as well.
Abovementioned are applied to the citizen of the Republic of Azerbaijan who has obtained citizenship of the other country starting from July 1, 2014.
- Report on destruction by Armenians of Azerbaijani historical, cultural monuments presented
- Amazon Prime has added the award-winning documentary “Endless Corridor” on the Khojaly tragedy to its library
- Shusha city to host International Culinary Festival – Karabakh Cuisine
- President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Congratulates Joseph Biden on Election Victory
- Центр мугама представил проект, посвященный музыкальной истории Карабаха