The following are considered grounds for loss of citizenship of the Republic of Azerbaijan taking into account the provisions of the Convention on the reduction of statelessness of August 30, 1961:
1) voluntary acquisition of citizenship of another state by a citizen of the Republic of Azerbaijan;
2) voluntary service of a citizen of the Republic of Azerbaijan in state or municipal bodies, or in armed forces or other military units of a foreign state
3) a behavior of the citizen of the Republic of Azerbaijan that seriously damages the national security;
3-1) involvement of a citizen of the Republic of Azerbaijan in terrorist activities or committing acts for forcible change of constitutional structure of the Republic of Azerbaijan;
3-2) participation of a citizen of the Republic of Azerbaijan in religious extremist activities, as well as, dissemination of religious sects acting on the base of religious hostility, or participation in military conflicts in a foreign states under the cover of implementing religious rites, or involving other person in those conflicts, or establishment of a stable group serving for this purpose, or participation in military training under the name of getting religious education.
4) Intentional falsification of necessary information or submission of a false document by a person who acquired a citizenship of the Republic of Azerbaijan for obtaining a citizenship.
Issues regarding the loss of citizenship of the Republic of Azerbaijan are solved by taking into account the limitations stipulated in part 2 and 3 of Article 17 of the Law “On the Citizenship of the Republic of Azerbaijan”.
- Azerbaijani Karabakh community talks restoration of tolerant environment in Karabakh
- Jewish Republican Alliance hosts Azerbaijan’s Consul General in Los Angeles
- The US attaches great importance to the work of the OSCE Minsk Group and expresses a commitment to an ultimate resolution to the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- Azerbaijan, US universities sign MoU on agricultural cooperation
- Number of U.S. tourists visiting Azerbaijan up