Azerbaijan has improved its position in the ration of influence on the world stage, compiled by US News & World Report.
The country settled for 45th place, climbing up two positions from the previous rating.
The US is the first in the rating, followed by Russia. China is third. The following spots were taken by Germany, Great Britain, France, Japan, Israel, Saudi Arabia, the UAE. Turkey is 14th in the ranking.
Azerbaijan is ahead of such countries as Poland, Greece, Colombia, Czech Republic, Romania, Hungary etc. according to the criterion of influence in the world.
Azerbaijan is the only country in the South Caucasus, which is in the ranking.
Further, Azerbaijan is 64 (from last year’s 69 position), in terms of the best country in the world list. Azerbaijan is ahead of such countries as Ukraine (69), Kazakhstan (70), Belarus (72), Iran (77), Serbia (78).
The first three places in this ranking have been taken by Switzerland, Canada, Germany, respectively.
- World-famous Azerbaijani composer Firanghiz Ali-Zadeh to perform in Los Angeles
- Azerbaijani oncologists win award in California
- President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev: The Republic of Azerbaijan and the United States of America are bound together by the ties of friendship and cooperation
- Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan met with the Assistant to the President of the United States of America for National Security Affairs
- The Azerbaijani side expresses its gratitude to the United States as co-chair of the OSCE Minsk Group for organizing a meeting of the foreign ministers of Azerbaijan and Armenia