CNN host included into Azerbaijani FM’s ‘black list’.
Anthony Bourdain, host of a show on CNN TV channel, is included in the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry’s list of undesirable persons, the Ministry’s Spokesman Hikmet Hajiyev told BuzzFeed News on October 25.
Hajiyev noted that the name of the presenter was included in the list due to his violation of the laws, territorial integrity and sovereignty of Azerbaijan.
“We do regret that he has made himself a propaganda tool to justify and disguise occupation of Azerbaijan’s lands by Armenia,” Hajiyev said.
He added that making a culinary show from seized lands is utter disrespect to one million Azerbaijani refugees and internally displaced peoples who were expelled from their lands.
Earlier, Hajiyev tweeted that to present ethnically cleansed land of Azerbaijan by Armenia as travel show is shameful and immoral, and that it must be stopped.
For more than two decades the Armenian-Azerbaijani Nagorno-Karabakh conflict fails to be resolved due to Armenia’s unconstructive position and unwillingness to engage in negotiations with Azerbaijan.
Unauthorized visits to Nagorno-Karabakh and other regions of Azerbaijan occupied by Armenia are considered illegal, and any individuals paying such visits are included in the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry’s ‘black list.’ The Ministry and diplomatic missions pay special attention to the illegal activity in the occupied areas of the country.
Baku has repeatedly warned foreign nationals of illegality of visits to its territories that are occupied by Armenia, calling them contradictory to international law.
- Azerbaijan to present note of protest to US
- Делегация Государственного комитета по работе с диаспорой Азербайджана, находящаяся с визитом в США, встретилась с соотечественниками, которые проживают в Калифорнии
- Азербайджан выразил решительный протест США
- В Лос-Анджелесе состоялась премьера фильма «Командировка в вечность», снятого при поддержке Фонда Гейдара Алиева
- Президент Ильхам Алиев принял делегацию во главе с командующим Транспортного командования США