The relations between Azerbaijan and the US are entering a new stage, said Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev, speaking at a meeting of the Cabinet of Ministers dedicated to results of socio-economic development in the first half of 2017 and objectives for the future.
“This exhibition and conference is one of the world’s most outstanding events in the energy sector,” the president said. “The best part is that US President Mr. Trump has sent a letter dedicated to this event. Of course, the letter addressed to me raises the significance of the Caspian Oil and Gas Exhibition and Conference and at the same time is the US another support for successful energy projects being implemented by Azerbaijan.
“Of course, this favorable attitude creates new prerequisites for the successful development of the Azerbaijan-US relations,” he added. “My meeting with the US Secretary of State held a few days ago in Istanbul reaffirmed our strategic ties and today the US-Azerbaijan relations are entering a new stage.”
- Three Members of the U.S. House of Representatives announced ‘non grata’, banned from visiting Azerbaijan
- Azerbaijani Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov made the remarks at the Extraordinary Session of Council of Ministers of the Economic Cooperation Organization (ECO) member-states in New York
- Ilham Aliyev attended reception hosted by US President Donald Trump and his wife
- President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev addressed opening of 72nd Session of UN General Assembly
- Lincoln Center has made multiple mistakes on its website when advertising the Leyli and Majnun event that they are hosting in October