The relations between Azerbaijan and the US are entering a new stage, said Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev, speaking at a meeting of the Cabinet of Ministers dedicated to results of socio-economic development in the first half of 2017 and objectives for the future.
“This exhibition and conference is one of the world’s most outstanding events in the energy sector,” the president said. “The best part is that US President Mr. Trump has sent a letter dedicated to this event. Of course, the letter addressed to me raises the significance of the Caspian Oil and Gas Exhibition and Conference and at the same time is the US another support for successful energy projects being implemented by Azerbaijan.
“Of course, this favorable attitude creates new prerequisites for the successful development of the Azerbaijan-US relations,” he added. “My meeting with the US Secretary of State held a few days ago in Istanbul reaffirmed our strategic ties and today the US-Azerbaijan relations are entering a new stage.”
- Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan met with the Assistant to the President of the United States of America for National Security Affairs
- The Azerbaijani side expresses its gratitude to the United States as co-chair of the OSCE Minsk Group for organizing a meeting of the foreign ministers of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- Hikmet Hajiyev speaks at Atlantic Council in Washington, DC
- Azerbaijan Airlines (AZAL) intends to postpone the timing of delivery of Boeing 737 MAX-8 aircraft
- Azerbaijani movie wins Vitruvian Award in Los Angeles