Azerbaijan’s agriculture is one of the most developing and most attractive for investors from around the world
Agriculture is one of the most developing and investment-attractive spheres of Azerbaijan, President of Italy-Azerbaijan Chamber of Commerce Manuela Traldi said during the EU-Azerbaijan Business Forum on June 8.
“Currently, Azerbaijan is actively developing its agriculture, this sphere is one of the most attractive in terms of investment not only for the EU countries but also for other countries. Many of our companies note the opportunities created for investment, joint ventures and so on,” noted Traldi.
In turn, EU`s Neighborhood East Director Lawrence Meredith said that EU will implement a new agricultural development support program in Azerbaijan in 2017.
He said EU hails its cooperation with Azerbaijan. “EU intends to implement programs not only in Baku, but also in all districts of Azerbaijan, including programs on agricultural development,” Meredith added.
Deputy Minister of Agriculture Seyfaddin Talibov, in turn, noted that the EU countries occupy leading positions in the export of Azerbaijani products. “Over 20.7 percent of Azerbaijan’s total exports account for Italy, 6.9 percent-for Portugal, 4.5 percent-for Germany and more than 3.5 percent-for France,” Talibov said.
The state pays a special attention to agriculture, which plays a significant role in ensuring food security and development of the non-oil sector.
Around 20,000 new jobs are planned to be created in Azerbaijan through the measures to be taken in the field of agriculture in the country until 2020, according to the “Strategic Road Map for the manufacture and processing of agricultural products in the Republic of Azerbaijan”.
The country’s GDP is planned to be increased by 1.2 billion manats. The direct effect on GDP as a result of the measures indicated in the Road Map will reach 575 million manats, while the indirect effect will ensure an additional increase in GDP by 660 million manats.
The road map reflects the short-term measures (until 2020), medium term measures (until 2025) and long-term measures (after 2025).
- Azerbaijan Airlines to Expand its Fleet with State-of-the-Art Boeing 787 Dreamliners
- Джейхун Байрамов обсудил с исполняющим обязанности помощника госсекретаря США ситуацию в регионе
- US companies eye participating in Azerbaijan implemented projects: US Assistant Secretary of Commerce
- В канадской провинции Онтарио состоялись открытие Дома Азербайджана и встреча с азербайджанской общиной
- Cостоялся телефонный разговор между министром иностранных дел Азербайджанской Республики Джейхуном Байрамовым и помощником госсекретаря США по делам Европы и Евразии Карен Донфрид
Leave a Reply