Malcolm Hoenlein, Executive Vice Chairman of the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations has met with Azerbaijan’s Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov in Baku.
Hoenlein, addressing the meeting, commended the Azerbaijani government’s attention to the Jewish community.
“Jewish community has long enjoyed a peaceful co-existence in Azerbaijan and perfectly integrated into the community,” he said.
Recalling his previous visit to Azerbaijan, he also hailed the country’s development in various fields.
Mammadyarov, in turn, emphasized that the peaceful co-existence of representatives of various religions in Azerbaijan is a vivid example of tolerance. He said that Azerbaijani government pays special attention to the promotion of intercultural and inter-religious dialogue.
The sides exchanged views on the prospects for bilateral cooperation between Azerbaijan and the USA, as well as relations with the American Jewish community.
Earlier, President Ilham Aliyev received Malcolm Hoenlein in Baku.
During the meeting, the declaration of 2017 as a “Year of Islamic Solidarity” in Azerbaijan, the country’s successfully hosting the Islamic Solidarity Games in Baku and the excellent organization of the 4th World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue was hailed as Azerbaijan’s contributions to strengthening intercultural dialogue.
The importance of the fact that multiculturalism was ensured in Azerbaijan was emphasized at the meeting, and it was noted that measures taken in this regard are followed with great interest.
- Азербайджан на XIV Международной конференции по восточным коврам в Вашингтоне
- В Нью-Йорке прошел концерт, посвященный 100-летию Азербайджанской Демократической Республики
- US House of Reps member: Azerbaijan is important actor for advancement of global security
- Член комитета по энергетике и торговле Палаты представителей Конгресса США Юджин Грин: Азербайджан – значимая страна для прогресса глобальной безопасности
- Госдеп США: TANAP является прочным дополнительным элементом энергетической безопасности Турции и Европы