“Ali and Nino” was screened in Navy Memorial and Navy Heritage Center in Washington, DC.
“Ali and Nino” premiered in Washington
The premiere was co-organized by the Azerbaijani and Georgian embassies in the United States, Azertac reported.
The premiere of the film, produced by Vice-President of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation Leyla Aliyeva, was attended by nearly 300 people, including the US Administration and Congress officials, high-ranking diplomats and ambassadors accredited in Washington, representatives of think tanks and public figures.
Azerbaijan’s Ambassador to U.S. Elin Suleymanov spoke about the historical significance of the film to be displayed. He thanked the film’s creative team and hailed the great works done by film’s executive producer Leyla Aliyeva.
Ambassador of Georgia to U.S. David Bakradze spoke of the history of friendly and fraternal relations between Georgia and Azerbaijan.
A dinner-party was hosted in the event, Ambassadors Elin Suleymanov and David Bakradze delivered keynote speeches.
The film was shot in various parts of Baku, as well as in the streets of the historical Old City, Gobustan, Khinalig, Ganja and Gadabay regions.
Starring in the film are Adam Bakri as Ali and María Valverde as Nino. Other actors are Halit Ergenc, Mendy Petinkin, Connie Nielson, Riccardo Skamarchio, Homayon Ershadi, Fakhraddin Manafov, Assaad Bab, Numan Acar and others.
The film portrays the torrid romance between a Muslim Azerbaijani young man and a Christian Georgian girl in Baku during the period 1918–20. It depicts pre-Soviet Azerbaijan, touching upon the political processes occurring in Azerbaijan before and after the establishment of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic (1918). This breathtaking story traverses political, geographic, and religious divides and shows challenges the two young people face on the edge of eras, of West and East, and of Islam and Christianity.
- Azerbaijan Airlines to Expand its Fleet with State-of-the-Art Boeing 787 Dreamliners
- Джейхун Байрамов обсудил с исполняющим обязанности помощника госсекретаря США ситуацию в регионе
- US companies eye participating in Azerbaijan implemented projects: US Assistant Secretary of Commerce
- В канадской провинции Онтарио состоялись открытие Дома Азербайджана и встреча с азербайджанской общиной
- Cостоялся телефонный разговор между министром иностранных дел Азербайджанской Республики Джейхуном Байрамовым и помощником госсекретаря США по делам Европы и Евразии Карен Донфрид
Leave a Reply