“Ali and Nino” premiered in Washington
The premiere was co-organized by the Azerbaijani and Georgian embassies in the United States, Azertac reported.
The premiere of the film, produced by Vice-President of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation Leyla Aliyeva, was attended by nearly 300 people, including the US Administration and Congress officials, high-ranking diplomats and ambassadors accredited in Washington, representatives of think tanks and public figures.
Azerbaijan’s Ambassador to U.S. Elin Suleymanov spoke about the historical significance of the film to be displayed. He thanked the film’s creative team and hailed the great works done by film’s executive producer Leyla Aliyeva.
Ambassador of Georgia to U.S. David Bakradze spoke of the history of friendly and fraternal relations between Georgia and Azerbaijan.
A dinner-party was hosted in the event, Ambassadors Elin Suleymanov and David Bakradze delivered keynote speeches.
The film was shot in various parts of Baku, as well as in the streets of the historical Old City, Gobustan, Khinalig, Ganja and Gadabay regions.
Starring in the film are Adam Bakri as Ali and María Valverde as Nino. Other actors are Halit Ergenc, Mendy Petinkin, Connie Nielson, Riccardo Skamarchio, Homayon Ershadi, Fakhraddin Manafov, Assaad Bab, Numan Acar and others.
The film portrays the torrid romance between a Muslim Azerbaijani young man and a Christian Georgian girl in Baku during the period 1918–20. It depicts pre-Soviet Azerbaijan, touching upon the political processes occurring in Azerbaijan before and after the establishment of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic (1918). This breathtaking story traverses political, geographic, and religious divides and shows challenges the two young people face on the edge of eras, of West and East, and of Islam and Christianity.
- Мэр американского города Кливленд объявил 28 мая Днем Азербайджана
- В Конгрессе США сделано очередное заявление в связи со 100-летним юбилеем Азербайджанской Демократической Республики
- В Сан-Диего 28 мая объявлено “Днем 100-летия Азербайджанской Демократической Республики”
- Cleveland mayor designates May 28 as Centennial Celebration of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- President of the United States of America Donald Trump congratulated President of Azerbaijan and Azerbaijani people with 100th anniversary of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic