President Ilham Aliyev has signed an order on the celebration of the 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic.
The order says that May 28, 2018 will mark the centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic, the first parliamentary republic in the East.
The President instructed the Cabinet of Ministers to draw up a plan of action on the celebration of the centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic.
On May 28, 1918, Azerbaijan declared its independence establishing the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic, which became the first secular parliamentary democracy in the Muslim World and recognized by other democratic nations, including the United States of America.
During the short period of independence Azerbaijan granted all people the rights to vote regardless of race, gender, ethnicity, and religion, becoming the first Muslim nation to give women equal political rights with men, an accomplishment preceding the United States. Azerbaijan’s independence was interrupted in 1920, when it was invaded by Bolshevists, and forcefully incorporated into the USSR in 1922 to restore its independence only in 1991.
- Член Сената штата Калифорния, сенатор Джеф Стон и депутат Роки Чавез приняли резолюцию в связи с Днем Республики в Азербайджане.
- Американский штат Utah принял декларацию в связи с Днем Республики Азербайджана
- Santa Monica and West Hollywood Proclaim May 28 as Azerbaijan’s National Day
- Republic Day of Azerbaijan celebrated in Los Angeles
- San Francisco Jazz Presents Azerbaijani Artists – Shahin Novrasli & Amina Figarova