Over the past 24 hours, Armenia’s armed forces have 120 times violated the ceasefire in various directions along the line of contact between Azerbaijani and Armenian troops, the Azerbaijani Defense Ministry told Trend Feb. 25.
The Azerbaijani army positions located in the Farahli village and on nameless heights of Azerbaijan’s Gazakh district underwent fire from the Armenian army positions located on nameless heights of Ijevan district and in the Shavarshavan village and on nameless heights of the Noyemberyan district of Armenia.
Meanwhile, the Azerbaijani army positions located in the Munjuglu and Aghbulag villages of Azerbaijan’s Tovuz district were shelled from the Armenian army positions located in the Aygedzor and Chinari villages of Armenia’s Berd district.
The Azerbaijani army positions located on nameless heights of Azerbaijan’s Gadabay district underwent fire from the Armenian army positions located on nameless heights of Armenia’s Krasnoselsk district.
Moreover, the Azerbaijani army positions were shelled from the Armenian army positions located near the Armenian-occupied Goyarkh, Chilaburt villages of the Tartar district, Shikhlar, Garagashli, Namirli, Marzili villages of the Aghdam district, Kuropatkino village of the Khojavand district, Garakhanbayli and Gorgan villages of the Fuzuli district, as well as from the positions located on nameless heights of the Goranboy, Tartar, Aghdam, Khojavand, Fuzuli and Jabrayil districts of Azerbaijan.
The conflict between the two South Caucasus countries began in 1988 when Armenia made territorial claims against Azerbaijan. As a result of the ensuing war, in 1992 Armenian armed forces occupied 20 percent of Azerbaijan, including the Nagorno-Karabakh region and seven surrounding districts. The 1994 ceasefire agreement was followed by peace negotiations. Armenia has not yet implemented four UN Security Council resolutions on withdrawal of its armed forces from the Nagorno-Karabakh and the surrounding districts.
- Azerbaijan`s Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov meets with UN Secretary-General in New York
- Знаменитый американский ведущий, Джон Батчелор: Азербайджанцы проявляют терпимость и стремятся к процветанию”
- Элин Сулейманов: Азербайджан помогает США и их друзьям строить мосты с исламским миром
- В США обсудили возможности расширения бизнеса с Азербайджаном
- Executive Vice Chairman of the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations: Jewish community has long enjoyed peaceful co-existence in Azerbaijan