The Azerbaijani and Armenian foreign ministers may meet with the participation of the OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs in the framework of the OSCE Ministerial Council meeting in Hamburg.
U.S. co-chair of the Minsk Group James Warlick announced about this while talking to APA on October 27.
“In Hamburg, we look forward to the ministers’ meeting with each other and continuing an important discussion on key issues,” said Warlick.
The co-chair added that the Minsk Group is in contact with the ministers and presidents and is available to hold a meeting at any time.
The Hamburg meeting of the OSCE Ministerial Council will take place on December 8-9.
Following their recent visit to the region, the co-chairs noted the possibility of a meeting with the Azerbaijani and Armenian ministers in Hamburg, as well as stressed the necessity of the presidents’ meeting.
Despite a ceasefire agreement achieved between the sides, Armenia regularly shells the Azerbaijani positions in an effort to tense the situation. Ignoring the calls of Azerbaijani side, as well as the international community to follow the armistice, Armenia continues its destructive actions, thus showing its disrespect to the peace process.
Since the beginning of the conflict in late 1980’s, Armenian armed forces have occupied 20 percent of Azerbaijan’s territory, including Nagorno-Karabakh and seven surrounding regions. More than 20,000 Azerbaijanis were killed and over 1 million were displaced as a result of the large-scale hostilities.
The OSCE Minsk Group was created in 1992 to find a peaceful solution to the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. Currently, it is co-chaired by the Russian Federation, the U.S. and France.
The Group’s full list of members include Azerbaijan, Armenia, Russia, the United States, France, Italy, Germany, Turkey, Sweden, Finland and Belarus.
- Лотерея Green Card 2019 (DV-2019) – Ранее поданные заявки аннулированы. Новый регистрационный период
- Green Card Lottery – (Diversity Visa Lottery DV 2019) Entries Submitted During October 3-10 are not valid
- ABŞ-ın ən böyük Ticarət Missiyası Azərbaycana gəlir
- Азербайджанская делегация, возглавляемая министром финансов Самиром Шарифовым, отправилась в Вашингтон
- Azerbaijani delegation, headed by the country’s Finance Minister Samir Sharifov, left for Washington to attend the annual meetings of the International Monetary Fund