Azerbaijan celebrates Independence Day
Happy Independence Day, Azerbaijan!
October 18 – is marked as the State Independence Day in Azerbaijan.
Thanks to favorable historical condition established after collapse of the Soviet Union in late 20th century Azerbaijani people gained its independence in the 20th century for the second time. It was the second prominent achievement in Azerbaijani people’s political history.
As a result of the activity of the democratic powers in Russia it was impossible to suppress non-subordination to the central power and independence wish in the republic.
At the extraordinary meeting called under the people’s will on June 30, 1991, the Supreme Council of the Azerbaijani Republic adopted a declaration about restoration of Azerbaijan’s state independence. Constitutional Act “About the State Independence of the Republic of Azerbaijan'” was adopted at the session of the Supreme Council of the Azerbaijani Republic on Oct.18, 1991.
The referendum was held in Azerbaijan on Dec.29. The referendum’s bulletin reflected a question: “Do you support the Constitutional Act “About the State Independence of the Republic of Azerbaijan” adopted by the Supreme Council of the Republic of Azerbaijan?” The Azerbaijan people unanimously supported the state independence. In May 1992
Azerbaijani parliament adopted the State Hymn (music by Uzeyir Hajibeyov, words by Ahmed Javad) of the Azerbaijan Republic and soon after it, three colored flag and the state anthem in the form of eight-point star with fire in the centre of it.
Azerbaijan is an independent and a sovereign state since Oct.18, 1991 and people celebrate it as a holiday. Independence Day is a working day in Azerbaijan.
- Azerbaijan Airlines to Expand its Fleet with State-of-the-Art Boeing 787 Dreamliners
- Джейхун Байрамов обсудил с исполняющим обязанности помощника госсекретаря США ситуацию в регионе
- US companies eye participating in Azerbaijan implemented projects: US Assistant Secretary of Commerce
- В канадской провинции Онтарио состоялись открытие Дома Азербайджана и встреча с азербайджанской общиной
- Cостоялся телефонный разговор между министром иностранных дел Азербайджанской Республики Джейхуном Байрамовым и помощником госсекретаря США по делам Европы и Евразии Карен Донфрид
Leave a Reply