Armenia’s armed forces have 13 times violated the ceasefire on the line of contact between Azerbaijani and Armenian troops over the past 24 hours, Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry reported on September 30.
Positions of the Azerbaijani army underwent fire from the Armenian positions located near the Javahirli village of Azerbaijan’s Aghdam district, Kuropatkino village of the Khojavand district, Ashagi Seyidahmadli village of the Fuzuli district, as well as from the positions located on the nameless heights of the Goranboy, Khojavand and Fuzuli districts.
The conflict between the two South Caucasus countries began in 1988 when Armenia made territorial claims against Azerbaijan. As a result of the ensuing war, in 1992 Armenian armed forces occupied 20 percent of Azerbaijan, including the Nagorno-Karabakh region and seven surrounding districts. The 1994 ceasefire agreement was followed by peace negotiations.
Armenia has not yet implemented four UN Security Council resolutions on withdrawal of its armed forces from the Nagorno-Karabakh and the surrounding districts.
- Посольство США в Азербайджане поблагодарило служивших в Афганистане азербайджанских миротворцев
- ABŞ səfiri: Naxçıvan beynəlxalq turistləri qəbul etmək üçün ideal bir məkandır
- Ilham Aliyev received delegation led by Governor of the U.S. State of Oklahoma
- Azerbaijan appoints new ambassador to US
- Джейхун Байрамов встретился с губернатором Оклахомы