The military units of Armenian Armed Forces after completing the illegal military exercise in the occupied territories of Azerbaijan burned a large proportion of the territory Uzundere in occupied Aghdam region, APA reported.
The flames got spread to the outskirts of the occupied Aghdam. It was possible to see the fire from the territory of frontline villages. Due to the arsons, wild animals began to attack villages of Azerbaijani citizens, causing damage to livestock.
Despite a fragile ceasefire agreement Armenia, which keeps under occupation 20 percent of Azerbaijan’s internationally recognized territory, regularly stages provocation on the contact line of troops.
By constantly conducting such attacks, Armenian side once again shows its political incompetence. The Armenian Armed Forces often commit large-scale arsons in the occupied territories of Azerbaijan, particularly in the summer. Their main goal is to harm Azerbaijan and its citizens by making life near the borderline difficult and risky for them.
In addition to arsons, the Armenian armed forces continued military exercise in the occupied territories of Azerbaijan. Various military compounds of Armenian Armed Forces using artillery conducted the next stage of the military exercises in the territory of Uzundere of Aghdam region.
The installations of rocket launchers, mortars, and heavy machinery were used in the exercises. The sounds of artillery fire during the exercises were heard in front-line villages, and even in the neighboring areas.
Armenia broke out a lengthy war against Azerbaijan laying territorial claims on its South Caucasus neighbor. Since a war in the early 1990s, Armenian armed forces have occupied 20 percent of Azerbaijan’s territory, including Nagorno-Karabakh and seven surrounding regions. More than 20,000 Azerbaijanis were killed and over 1 million were displaced as a result of the large-scale hostilities.
Armenia has not yet implemented four UN Security Council resolutions on withdrawal of its armed forces from the Nagorno-Karabakh and surrounding districts.
- Знаменитый американский ведущий, Джон Батчелор: Азербайджанцы проявляют терпимость и стремятся к процветанию”
- Элин Сулейманов: Азербайджан помогает США и их друзьям строить мосты с исламским миром
- В США обсудили возможности расширения бизнеса с Азербайджаном
- Executive Vice Chairman of the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations: Jewish community has long enjoyed peaceful co-existence in Azerbaijan
- Margot Ellis, acting assistant administrator for US Agency for International Development visits Azerbaijan