Armenian armed units have once again set fire to the occupied territories of Azerbaijan
The military units of Armenian Armed Forces after completing the illegal military exercise in the occupied territories of Azerbaijan burned a large proportion of the territory Uzundere in occupied Aghdam region, APA reported.
The flames got spread to the outskirts of the occupied Aghdam. It was possible to see the fire from the territory of frontline villages. Due to the arsons, wild animals began to attack villages of Azerbaijani citizens, causing damage to livestock.
Despite a fragile ceasefire agreement Armenia, which keeps under occupation 20 percent of Azerbaijan’s internationally recognized territory, regularly stages provocation on the contact line of troops.
By constantly conducting such attacks, Armenian side once again shows its political incompetence. The Armenian Armed Forces often commit large-scale arsons in the occupied territories of Azerbaijan, particularly in the summer. Their main goal is to harm Azerbaijan and its citizens by making life near the borderline difficult and risky for them.
In addition to arsons, the Armenian armed forces continued military exercise in the occupied territories of Azerbaijan. Various military compounds of Armenian Armed Forces using artillery conducted the next stage of the military exercises in the territory of Uzundere of Aghdam region.
The installations of rocket launchers, mortars, and heavy machinery were used in the exercises. The sounds of artillery fire during the exercises were heard in front-line villages, and even in the neighboring areas.
Armenia broke out a lengthy war against Azerbaijan laying territorial claims on its South Caucasus neighbor. Since a war in the early 1990s, Armenian armed forces have occupied 20 percent of Azerbaijan’s territory, including Nagorno-Karabakh and seven surrounding regions. More than 20,000 Azerbaijanis were killed and over 1 million were displaced as a result of the large-scale hostilities.
Armenia has not yet implemented four UN Security Council resolutions on withdrawal of its armed forces from the Nagorno-Karabakh and surrounding districts.
- Cостоялся телефонный разговор между министром иностранных дел Азербайджанской Республики Джейхуном Байрамовым и помощником госсекретаря США по делам Европы и Евразии Карен Донфрид
- Azerbaijani, US officials discuss military co-op
- Состоялась встреча председателя Государственного комитета по работе с диаспорой (ГКРД) с директором Американского еврейского комитета (AJC)
- Former US Ambassador: “Azerbaijan has potential to become essential transportation hub for all SCO countries”
- USAID to support creation of common transit space across Trans-Caspian region
Leave a Reply