On August 1st, members of the Alberta Azerbaijani Cultural Society (ALACS) participated in the Calgary Heritage Festival. ALACS set up a booth to represent Azerbaijan at the festival. For the first time, Calgarians had an opportunity to drink tea Azerbaijani style, with lemon and sweets (kata, xurma, halva), play nards (backgammon) and hear about Azerbaijan’s geography, history and traditions. The Azeri Calgary Stars performed an Azerbaijani national dance.
- Former US Ambassador: “Azerbaijan has potential to become essential transportation hub for all SCO countries”
- USAID to support creation of common transit space across Trans-Caspian region
- Azerbaijani, Canadian FM’s hold phone talks
- Госсекретарь США Энтони Блинкен позвонил Президенту Ильхаму Алиеву
- President Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to US President Joe Biden