The 7th Silk Way International Music Festival will take place in Azerbaijan’s Sheki region, the 2016 Cultural Capital of the Turkic World on June 28, Trend Life reported.
The festival, which is being supported by the Culture and Tourism Ministry, will run until July 4.
Last year, the festival kicked was also hosted by Sheki. The concert program featured the performance of musicians from Azerbaijan, Turkey, Japan and Poland.
Holding such a grand music festival, which has become a wonderful tradition, in Sheki, is not by mere chance. For centuries this beautiful city, which is located along the route of the ancient Silk Road, was an important center of art and commerce.
Today Sheki is a unique place that has preserved the culture of urban planning inherent to medieval towns.
Rare historical and architectural monuments of the city – caravanserais, mosques, minarets, walls, bridges, etc. – indicate the ancient architectural style of Sheki.
- The U.S. Embassy in Azerbaijan opened the Kurdemir American Corner
- Azerbaijan maintains strong counterterrorism co-op with US
- Посол Азербайджана в США Элин Сулейманов рассказал о последней армянской провокации на форуме The Heritage Foundation
- Президент Ильхам Алиев: Отношения между Азербайджаном и США вступают в новую стадию
- Глава консульской службы посольства Соединенных Штатов в Азербайджане Ким Моралес: Как получить неиммиграционную визу США в Азербайджане