Speaker of the Nevada State Assembly John Hambrick has voiced support for the territorial integrity of Azerbaijan as he met with Interior Minister Ramil Usubov. He said the Armenian-Azerbaijani Nagorno-Karabakh conflict should be solved within Azerbaijan`s territorial integrity.
Hambrick also expressed the State of Nevada`s interest in maintaining trade and economic cooperation with Azerbaijan.
Usubov said Azerbaijan attached great importance to developing relations with the United States in all areas. “President Ilham Aliyev’s participation in the fourth Nuclear Security Summit in Washington, his meetings and talks with senior US officials will contribute to the deepening of our bilateral cooperation.”
The minister highlighted Azerbaijan`s role in fighting against international terrorism as part of a US-led international coalition.
Usubov said Azerbaijan suffered from terrorism and transnational organized crime. He said more than 2,000 Azerbaijanis were killed in terrorist attacks organized by the Armenian special services in the late 1980s and early 1990s.
- США будут применять опыт Азербайджана в Мексиканском заливе
- Consulate General hosts charity event in California in memory of Azerbaijan’s National Leader Heydar Aliyev
- Американский космонавт, астронавт NASA: “Азербайджан восхитил меня”
- Azerbaijani carpets to be displayed in U.S.
- US welcomes the meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian foreign ministers held in Vienna