Azerbaijan’s folk ensemble “Jangi” and ashug Ali Tapdigoglu have performed at a concert organized at the UN Headquarters.
The event was organized by the International Organization of Turkic Culture (TÜRKSOY) on the occasion of the Novruz holiday, Trend Life reports.
“Our performance was met with grand applause. After the event, the Americans approached us and expressed admiration for Azerbaijani folk art,” said ashug Ali Tapdigoglu.
The performance of the Azerbaijani artists was accompaniment by mugham performers Mirjavad Jafarov (tar) and Shakhriyar Musayev (kamancha).
The concert was attended by representatives of Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Gagauzia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Mongolia, Macedonia, Turkmenistan and other countries. The visit of Azerbaijani musicians was supported by Azerbaijan Ministry of Culture and Tourism.
- CNN подготовил репортаж о Баку
- The City of Albuquerque of the U.S. State of New Mexico, proclaimed May 28, 2019 as “Azerbaijan National Day”
- The City of Irvine in California has proclaimed May 28, 2019 as “Azerbaijan National Day”
- A chess tournament dedicated to the 96th birthday anniversary of Heydar Aliyev was in California
- Азербайджан и США проведут переговоры