Azerbaijan’s folk ensemble “Jangi” and ashug Ali Tapdigoglu have performed at a concert organized at the UN Headquarters.
The event was organized by the International Organization of Turkic Culture (TÜRKSOY) on the occasion of the Novruz holiday, Trend Life reports.
“Our performance was met with grand applause. After the event, the Americans approached us and expressed admiration for Azerbaijani folk art,” said ashug Ali Tapdigoglu.
The performance of the Azerbaijani artists was accompaniment by mugham performers Mirjavad Jafarov (tar) and Shakhriyar Musayev (kamancha).
The concert was attended by representatives of Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Gagauzia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Mongolia, Macedonia, Turkmenistan and other countries. The visit of Azerbaijani musicians was supported by Azerbaijan Ministry of Culture and Tourism.
- Novruz Celebration in Brooklyn, New York
- Арас и Эмин Агаларовы обратились в американский суд
- Новый посол: У США и Азербайджана крепкое партнерство
- President of the US-based Foundation for Ethnic Understanding Marc Schneier: Azerbaijan recognized as model country for its traditions of tolerance
- Марк Шнайер: Азербайджан – образцовая страна для всего мира