Since Azerbaijan gained independence, the relations between the country and the US have passed a successful way, and kept their significance despite some processes, Novruz Mammadov, deputy head of Azerbaijani presidential administration, chief of the administration’s foreign relations department, told reporters on January14.
He made the remarks while commenting on the visit of Senior Director for European Affairs at the US National Security Council Charles Kupchan to Azerbaijan.
“It is natural, because these relations aren’t built upon some random, transient interests,” Mammadov said.
Mammadov went on to add that Azerbaijan is one of the countries that built a successful comprehensive cooperation with the West, namely the US and European countries.
“This cooperation has always been based on the interests of Azerbaijan,” said Mammadov.
He said that the basis, fundamental principles of these relations were laid by Azerbaijan’s National Leader Heydar Aliyev and are continued by the country’s President Ilham Aliyev on the basis of strengthening and development of statehood and national interests of Azerbaijan.
Mammadov also said that problems can occur in any partnership, which develops on the basis of interests of a country, national and state interests.
- Знаменитый американский ведущий, Джон Батчелор: Азербайджанцы проявляют терпимость и стремятся к процветанию”
- Элин Сулейманов: Азербайджан помогает США и их друзьям строить мосты с исламским миром
- В США обсудили возможности расширения бизнеса с Азербайджаном
- Executive Vice Chairman of the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations: Jewish community has long enjoyed peaceful co-existence in Azerbaijan
- Margot Ellis, acting assistant administrator for US Agency for International Development visits Azerbaijan