Since Azerbaijan gained independence, the relations between the country and the US have passed a successful way, and kept their significance despite some processes, Novruz Mammadov, deputy head of Azerbaijani presidential administration, chief of the administration’s foreign relations department, told reporters on January14.
He made the remarks while commenting on the visit of Senior Director for European Affairs at the US National Security Council Charles Kupchan to Azerbaijan.
“It is natural, because these relations aren’t built upon some random, transient interests,” Mammadov said.
Mammadov went on to add that Azerbaijan is one of the countries that built a successful comprehensive cooperation with the West, namely the US and European countries.
“This cooperation has always been based on the interests of Azerbaijan,” said Mammadov.
He said that the basis, fundamental principles of these relations were laid by Azerbaijan’s National Leader Heydar Aliyev and are continued by the country’s President Ilham Aliyev on the basis of strengthening and development of statehood and national interests of Azerbaijan.
Mammadov also said that problems can occur in any partnership, which develops on the basis of interests of a country, national and state interests.
- Зимняя акция от AZAL: Бесплатный авиабилет детям при путешествии с родителями
- Azerbaijan Airlines (AZAL) announces a new winter campaign: Free air tickets for children traveling with parents
- Бакинская высшая школа нефти укрепляет партнерские связи с Baker Hughes, General Electric Company
- Elin Suleymanov: “Independent Azerbaijan is best tribute to sacrifice of those who died during January 20 events”
- Элин Сулейманов: “Независимый Азербайджан – это лучшая дань памяти жертвам событий 20 января 1990 года.”