On a recent personal trip to Qabala, Ambassador Cekuta explored some of the region’s sights and tastes. He sampled some of the 25 different types of preserves from local fruits, berries, and nuts on display at the top of Tufandağ ski resort and enjoyed the unique local cuisine of the region, including this delicious plov! He also enjoyed a visit to the Beltmann Piano Factory in Qabala. Building on a tradition started by Johann Beltmann in the Netherlands in 1901, Beltmann’s grandson Hans Leferink has been Director of the Beltmann Piano Factory in Qabala since 2008. The pianos are handcrafted in the factory and proudly marked as “Made in Azerbaijan”. Ambassador Cekuta hopes to visit Qabala again in the future as he continues to explore all that Azerbajian has to offer.
- US, Azerbaijan help farmers make affordable animal feed in Zardab
- President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has sent a letter of condolence to US President Donald Trump
- The US is impressed with the progress in implementation of the Southern Gas Corridor
- США сделали прогноз по добыче нефти в Азербайджане
- Works by American artist Jacob Martin will be shown in Baku