On a recent personal trip to Qabala, Ambassador Cekuta explored some of the region’s sights and tastes. He sampled some of the 25 different types of preserves from local fruits, berries, and nuts on display at the top of Tufandağ ski resort and enjoyed the unique local cuisine of the region, including this delicious plov! He also enjoyed a visit to the Beltmann Piano Factory in Qabala. Building on a tradition started by Johann Beltmann in the Netherlands in 1901, Beltmann’s grandson Hans Leferink has been Director of the Beltmann Piano Factory in Qabala since 2008. The pianos are handcrafted in the factory and proudly marked as “Made in Azerbaijan”. Ambassador Cekuta hopes to visit Qabala again in the future as he continues to explore all that Azerbajian has to offer.
- Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan met with the Assistant to the President of the United States of America for National Security Affairs
- The Azerbaijani side expresses its gratitude to the United States as co-chair of the OSCE Minsk Group for organizing a meeting of the foreign ministers of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- Hikmet Hajiyev speaks at Atlantic Council in Washington, DC
- Azerbaijan Airlines (AZAL) intends to postpone the timing of delivery of Boeing 737 MAX-8 aircraft
- Azerbaijani movie wins Vitruvian Award in Los Angeles