On Wednesday September 2nd, 2015, an Azerbaijani feature film was screened for the first time at the 39th Montreal World Film Festival (MWFF). President of the MWFF Mr. Serge Losique, the film’s Director Mr. Vahid Mustafa Yev, and Chargé d’Affaires of the Embassy of Azerbaijan to Canada Mr. Ramil Huseynli attended the movie screening and each addressed the audience to introduce the film. Following their speeches, Mr. Losique and Mr. Huseynli each awarded Mr. Vahid Mustafa Yev for his outstanding work. Bloody January tells the story of the tragic event of January 20th, 1990, when the Soviet Army stormed Baku in a forceful effort to crush the national demand for independence, which killed 133 people and wounded another 700 in the process.
- Elin Suleymanov: “Independent Azerbaijan is best tribute to sacrifice of those who died during January 20 events”
- Элина Сулейманов: “Независимый Азербайджан – это лучшая дань памяти жертвам событий 20 января 1990 года.”
- 29th Anniversary of the “Black January” tragedy
- ASAN Service centers to render consular services in Azerbaijan
- Тело убитого в США азербайджанца будет доставлено на родину