On Wednesday September 2nd, 2015, an Azerbaijani feature film was screened for the first time at the 39th Montreal World Film Festival (MWFF). President of the MWFF Mr. Serge Losique, the film’s Director Mr. Vahid Mustafa Yev, and Chargé d’Affaires of the Embassy of Azerbaijan to Canada Mr. Ramil Huseynli attended the movie screening and each addressed the audience to introduce the film. Following their speeches, Mr. Losique and Mr. Huseynli each awarded Mr. Vahid Mustafa Yev for his outstanding work. Bloody January tells the story of the tragic event of January 20th, 1990, when the Soviet Army stormed Baku in a forceful effort to crush the national demand for independence, which killed 133 people and wounded another 700 in the process.
- США будут применять опыт Азербайджана в Мексиканском заливе
- Consulate General hosts charity event in California in memory of Azerbaijan’s National Leader Heydar Aliyev
- Американский космонавт, астронавт NASA: “Азербайджан восхитил меня”
- Azerbaijani carpets to be displayed in U.S.
- US welcomes the meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian foreign ministers held in Vienna