Smithsonian Folkways Recordings, the nonprofit record label of the national museum of the U.S., has recently released the album Azerbaijan: Azerbaijani Mugam as part of the extensive and influential UNESCO Collection of Traditional Music.
This recording features Bahram Mansurov performing on the Azerbaijan tar, an 11-string lute. According to liner notes by Alain Daniélou, Mansurov is “unrivaled for his talent of creation and improvisation in the pure style of the traditional music of Azerbaijan.”
This album is part of the UNESCO Collection of Traditional Music. More than 125 albums are being released by Smithsonian Folkways Recordings to make the series publicly available again, including more than a dozen never-released albums of musical traditions from around the globe.
Azeri America News
- Николь Шерзингер о концерте в Баку: “Это было незабываемо”
- Azerbaijani Musician Ramiz Guliyev to perform in Canada
- Kanada vətəndaşı Azərbaycan mahnılarına aşiqdir
- The Daily Caller: США могли бы способствовать урегулированию карабахского конфликта, выведя Армению за российскую орбиту
- E-visa to Azerbaijan Within 3 Hours