Mayor of Washington D.C. Muriel Bowser has proclaimed May 28, 2015 as Azerbaijan National Day.
The proclamation signed by the Mayor describes Azerbaijan Democratic Republic, which was established on May 28, 1918, as “the world`s first secular Muslim parliamentary Democratic Republic”.
“The Democratic Republic of Azerbaijan granted universal suffrage in the same year they were established, resulting in the first majority Muslim country to give women the right to vote.”
The proclamation says the Republic of Azerbaijan is “an important strategic partner of the United States whose troops continues to serve in Afghanistan”.
“Every year for the last 97 years, an estimated 40 million Azerbaijanis from around the globe observe May 28th as the National Day of their country,” the proclamation says.
- Arizona State Capitol event highlights Azerbaijan’s multiculturalism and interfaith tolerance
- The Senate of the U.S. State of Arizona adopts a proclamation expressing firm support for Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- Внук выдающихся композиторов Закира Багирова и Гара Гараева – саксофонист Зульфугар Багиров выступил на Нью-Йоркской сцене
- Американский наблюдатель: Опыт независимого Азербайджана по проведению выборов – пример для многих стран
- Азербайджан стал вторым на Кубке мира по вольной борьбе