Mayor of Washington D.C. Muriel Bowser has proclaimed May 28, 2015 as Azerbaijan National Day.
The proclamation signed by the Mayor describes Azerbaijan Democratic Republic, which was established on May 28, 1918, as “the world`s first secular Muslim parliamentary Democratic Republic”.
“The Democratic Republic of Azerbaijan granted universal suffrage in the same year they were established, resulting in the first majority Muslim country to give women the right to vote.”
The proclamation says the Republic of Azerbaijan is “an important strategic partner of the United States whose troops continues to serve in Afghanistan”.
“Every year for the last 97 years, an estimated 40 million Azerbaijanis from around the globe observe May 28th as the National Day of their country,” the proclamation says.
- Лотерея Green Card 2019 (DV-2019) – Ранее поданные заявки аннулированы. Новый регистрационный период
- Green Card Lottery – (Diversity Visa Lottery DV 2019) Entries Submitted During October 3-10 are not valid
- ABŞ-ın ən böyük Ticarət Missiyası Azərbaycana gəlir
- Азербайджанская делегация, возглавляемая министром финансов Самиром Шарифовым, отправилась в Вашингтон
- Azerbaijani delegation, headed by the country’s Finance Minister Samir Sharifov, left for Washington to attend the annual meetings of the International Monetary Fund