Azerbaijan is known as the Land of Fire, so it is fitting that Baku 2015 will capture the European Games Flame from the ground at Ateshgah, an ancient and sacred temple on the outskirts of Baku, this Sunday 26 April. The flame will then travel nearly 5,500 km before the cauldron is lit at the Opening Ceremony on 12 June – 47 days later.
The torch will come within an hour’s travelling time of 99% of the Azerbaijani population, and thousands of people are expected to join in the daily celebrations along the route.
- U.S. hopes change of power in Armenia to lead to progress in settlement of Karabakh conflict
- Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs may soon meet in New York
- США готовы поддержать развитие пчеловодства в Азербайджане
- Azerbaijani grandmaster Shahriyar Mammadyarov draws with American Hikaru Nakamura in Sinquefield Cup
- Американское издание об азербайджанской модели межрелигиозной гармонии и мультикультурализма