First days of 1988 were marked by the open aggression of Armenia against Azerbaijan. Abusing the indifferent attitude of the Soviet Union’s government, the Armenian authorities have, in fact, sanctioned the expelling of more than 200 thousands Azerbaijanis from their permanent places of residence.
On November 17, 1988, the uninterrupted public rally organized by the Azerbaijani society has started in the main square of Baku – the Azadlyg square. People were protesting the actions of the Armenian authorities and the Kremlin.
Since 1992, the 17th of November is celebrated as the National Revival Day.
- Известный пианист Чингиз Садыхов будет похоронен в Баку
- Баку вошел в топ-5 городов мира с самой необычной архитектурой
- МИД России прокомментировал заявление Госдепа США касательно Азербайджана
- Acting Special Envoy and Coordinator for International Energy Affairs at the US Department of State Sue Saarnio will visit Azerbaijan
- Heydar Aliyev International Airport Among World’s 13 Most Beautiful Airports