President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has received a delegation led by Governor of Oklahoma, U.S., John Kevin Stitt.
The sides pointed out the importance of the Governor of the U.S. State of Oklahoma John Kevin Stitt’s visit to Azerbaijan. They underlined the successful development of bilateral relations between Azerbaijan and the United States and hailed Azerbaijan’s cooperation with various U.S. states, including Oklahoma, since the early 2000s.
John Kevin Stitt expressed his hope that his visit to Zangilan district would create an opportunity to get closely acquainted with the “green energy” and “smart village” projects Azerbaijan is implementing in those areas.
It was noted that the Oklahoma National Guard and Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry have been cooperating for about 20 years, and that the cooperation has now become a broader format of partnership.
The cooperation with Oklahoma in the field of agriculture was pointed out, and the fact that Azerbaijani students study agriculture in this state was praised at the meeting.
The sides exchanged views on prospects for cooperation.
They then exchanged keepsakes.
Source: Press Service of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan
- Former US Ambassador: “Azerbaijan has potential to become essential transportation hub for all SCO countries”
- USAID to support creation of common transit space across Trans-Caspian region
- Azerbaijani, Canadian FM’s hold phone talks
- Госсекретарь США Энтони Блинкен позвонил Президенту Ильхаму Алиеву
- President Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to US President Joe Biden