Shakhriyar Mamedyarov beats Garry Kasparov in just 7 moves.
World No. 5 grandmaster Shakhriyar Mamedyarov of Azerbaijan defeated Russian Grandmaster, the 13th world champion Garry Kasparov in the Croatia Grand Chess tournament.
Shakhriyar Mamedyarov, aged 36, is one of Azerbaijan’s greatest chess players. Earlier Mamedyarov won the Superbet Chess Classic tournament, which was the first leg in the 2021 Grand Chess Tour circuit, held in the Romanian capital, Bucharest city last month.
- Azerbaijani, US officials discuss military co-op
- Состоялась встреча председателя Государственного комитета по работе с диаспорой (ГКРД) с директором Американского еврейского комитета (AJC)
- Former US Ambassador: “Azerbaijan has potential to become essential transportation hub for all SCO countries”
- USAID to support creation of common transit space across Trans-Caspian region
- Azerbaijani, Canadian FM’s hold phone talks