From Joseph R. Biden, President of the United States of America – Azerbaijan Republic Day
From Joseph R. Biden, President of the United States of America
Dear Mr. President,
On behalf of the American people, I send greetings and congratulations to you and the people of Azerbaijan as you observe Republic Day on May 28.
This year marks 30 years since the restoration of Azerbaijan’s independence in 1991. During that time, the United States and Azerbaijan have worked together on security, energy, and democratic governance issues, while strengthening ties between the American and Azerbaijani peoples.
The United States strongly supports Azerbaijan’s important contributions to European energy diversification with last year’s launch of the Southern Gas Corridor and this year’s memorandum of understanding on joint exploration of the Caspian with Turkmenistan. We are grateful for Azerbaijan’s 20 years of support for NATO’s mission in Afghanistan and efforts to combat terrorism. As a co-chair of the OSCE Minsk Group, we remain committed to helping the sides negotiate a long-term political settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
After a year marked by conflict and the coronavirus pandemic, it is my sincere hope that Azerbaijan emerges from these challenges a more prosperous nation that respects the human rights and fundamental freedoms of its people and lives at peace with its neighbors.
My best wishes to the people of Azerbaijan on their Republic Day.
Joseph R. Biden
President of the United States of America
- Azerbaijan Airlines to Expand its Fleet with State-of-the-Art Boeing 787 Dreamliners
- Джейхун Байрамов обсудил с исполняющим обязанности помощника госсекретаря США ситуацию в регионе
- US companies eye participating in Azerbaijan implemented projects: US Assistant Secretary of Commerce
- В канадской провинции Онтарио состоялись открытие Дома Азербайджана и встреча с азербайджанской общиной
- Cостоялся телефонный разговор между министром иностранных дел Азербайджанской Республики Джейхуном Байрамовым и помощником госсекретаря США по делам Европы и Евразии Карен Донфрид
Leave a Reply