On behalf of the Government of the United States of America, I congratulate the people of the Republic of Azerbaijan as you celebrate Republic Day.
The United States and Azerbaijan have enjoyed an important partnership for nearly 30 years. We engage on important issues such as security, energy and economic development, and the protection of human rights and fundamental freedoms. Whether serving shoulder-to-shoulder to help establish peace in Afghanistan or working together to strengthen European energy security through the Southern Gas Corridor, our two countries continue to collaborate on some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
The United States remains strongly committed, as a Minsk Group co-chair country, to the peaceful resolution of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
Although the COVID-19 pandemic has brought the world unique challenges this year, I am confident the people of Azerbaijan will face up to them with courage and determination. The United States stands with you and supports the sovereignty and independence of Azerbaijan.
Source: The U.S. Department of State
- Global Soundscapes Festival – Из Канады в Азербайджан
- Memory of victims of January 20 tragedy honored in Azerbaijan’s Shusha city
- Thirty-one years have passed since the bloody 20 January
- Karabakh to become ecotourism center of regional importance – Association of Hotels and Restaurants of Azerbaijan
- Шуша станет одним из символических городов азербайджанского туризма