Oklahoma-Azerbaijan Agricultural Forum
Registration for the Oklahoma-Azerbaijan Agricultural Forum is open now. For more information please visit https://www.agroforum.us/
The inaugural Oklahoma-Azerbaijan Agricultural Forum will be held November 6-8 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
The forum will bring together experts, private sector executives/representatives, agribusiness manufacturers, as well as government agricultural authorities from the state of Oklahoma and Azerbaijan to share best practices and explore partnership and investment opportunities in both economies.
It is the second forum of its kind bringing together agricultural producers and policymakers from the U.S. and Azerbaijan. A delegation of 14 Azerbaijani companies led by Azerbaijan’s Minister of Agriculture, Inam Karimov, and 33 American companies participated in the first such forum, which was held in Chicago in April. The Chicago forum created ties between Azerbaijan’s agricultural sector and farmers, agribusinesses and manufacturers in the U.S. state of Illinois.
The Oklahoma-Azerbaijan Forum will cover practices in farm management, regulation, and promotion across a wide range of crops and products, with a special focus on animal husbandry and livestock.
Oklahoma is the number one producer of rye and second largest producer of beef in the United States. Agriculture makes up $7.1 billion of the state’s annual economy and agricultural exports bring the state $1.9 billion per year.
The state of Oklahoma and the Republic of Azerbaijan have been cooperating within the U.S. State Partnership Program since 2003. The successful partnership between the Oklahoma National Guard and the Republic of Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Defense has created a solid basis for expanding this cooperation into the agricultural sector.
For more information please visit https://www.agroforum.us/
- Cостоялся телефонный разговор между министром иностранных дел Азербайджанской Республики Джейхуном Байрамовым и помощником госсекретаря США по делам Европы и Евразии Карен Донфрид
- Azerbaijani, US officials discuss military co-op
- Состоялась встреча председателя Государственного комитета по работе с диаспорой (ГКРД) с директором Американского еврейского комитета (AJC)
- Former US Ambassador: “Azerbaijan has potential to become essential transportation hub for all SCO countries”
- USAID to support creation of common transit space across Trans-Caspian region
Leave a Reply