Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan Elmar Mammadyarov met with the U.S. Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs, George Kent.
The U.S. Deputy Assistant Secretary of State noted with satisfaction his meeting and useful exchange with the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan H.E. Mr. Ilham Aliyev.
The Sides exchanged views on the successful development of cooperation between the two countries in various directions, including political, economic, transport, energy and other spheres. They also discussed the next meeting of the U.S.-Azerbaijan Economic Cooperation Commission to be held in Baku.
Minister Elmar Mammadyarov briefed his interlocutor on the current state of negotiations on the settlement of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and the recent meeting of the Foreign Ministers in Moscow. It has been emphasized that the soonest settlement of the conflict and liberation of the occupied Azerbaijani territories and return of internally displaced persons to their homes and properties is indispensable for ensuring sustainable peace and development in the region.
The sides also exchanged views on regional issues of mutual interest.
- Former US Ambassador: “Azerbaijan has potential to become essential transportation hub for all SCO countries”
- USAID to support creation of common transit space across Trans-Caspian region
- Azerbaijani, Canadian FM’s hold phone talks
- Госсекретарь США Энтони Блинкен позвонил Президенту Ильхаму Алиеву
- President Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to US President Joe Biden