Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan Elmar Mammadyarov met with the U.S. Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs, George Kent.
The U.S. Deputy Assistant Secretary of State noted with satisfaction his meeting and useful exchange with the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan H.E. Mr. Ilham Aliyev.
The Sides exchanged views on the successful development of cooperation between the two countries in various directions, including political, economic, transport, energy and other spheres. They also discussed the next meeting of the U.S.-Azerbaijan Economic Cooperation Commission to be held in Baku.
Minister Elmar Mammadyarov briefed his interlocutor on the current state of negotiations on the settlement of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and the recent meeting of the Foreign Ministers in Moscow. It has been emphasized that the soonest settlement of the conflict and liberation of the occupied Azerbaijani territories and return of internally displaced persons to their homes and properties is indispensable for ensuring sustainable peace and development in the region.
The sides also exchanged views on regional issues of mutual interest.
- World-famous Azerbaijani composer Firanghiz Ali-Zadeh to perform in Los Angeles
- Azerbaijani oncologists win award in California
- President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev: The Republic of Azerbaijan and the United States of America are bound together by the ties of friendship and cooperation
- Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan met with the Assistant to the President of the United States of America for National Security Affairs
- The Azerbaijani side expresses its gratitude to the United States as co-chair of the OSCE Minsk Group for organizing a meeting of the foreign ministers of Azerbaijan and Armenia