Azerbaijan was featured at the “Los Angeles Times Festival of Books” held on April 13-14, 2019 at the University of Southern California (USC) in Los Angeles. Attended by over 150,000 people, this is the largest book festival in the United States.
The Azerbaijan booth was put together by the Consulate General of Azerbaijan in Los Angeles, in cooperation with California Azerbaijan Friendship Association and Azerbaijan’s National Library. Numerous books of Azerbaijan’s prominent writers and poets, including Imadaddin Nasimi, Mir Jalal, Anar, Elchin, and Kamal Abdulla, composers such as Uzeyir Hajibeyli, Gara Garayev, and Firangiz Alizade, as well as books, booklets, magazines and banners on Azerbaijan’s ancient history, rich culture, music and cuisine, tourism potential, multifaith harmony, traditions of multiculturalism and tolerance were demonstrated at the festival.
The Azerbaijani booth, which also showcased colorful Azerbaijani national costumes worn by members of the California Azerbaijan Friendship Association and Azerbaijani community activists, received much acclaim.
Source: Consulate General of Azerbaijan in Los Angeles
- Shakhriyar Mamedyarov defeated Garry Kasparov at The Zagreb Rapid and Blitz – 2021 Croatia Grand Chess Tour
- From Joseph R. Biden, President of the United States of America – Azerbaijan Republic Day
- The Hype Simulator application, created by Azerbaijanis living in Canada
- Azerbaijan’s Republic Day in Los Angeles
- Music Festival in Shusha City, Azerbaijan