Azerbaijan was featured at the “Los Angeles Times Festival of Books” held on April 13-14, 2019 at the University of Southern California (USC) in Los Angeles. Attended by over 150,000 people, this is the largest book festival in the United States.
The Azerbaijan booth was put together by the Consulate General of Azerbaijan in Los Angeles, in cooperation with California Azerbaijan Friendship Association and Azerbaijan’s National Library. Numerous books of Azerbaijan’s prominent writers and poets, including Imadaddin Nasimi, Mir Jalal, Anar, Elchin, and Kamal Abdulla, composers such as Uzeyir Hajibeyli, Gara Garayev, and Firangiz Alizade, as well as books, booklets, magazines and banners on Azerbaijan’s ancient history, rich culture, music and cuisine, tourism potential, multifaith harmony, traditions of multiculturalism and tolerance were demonstrated at the festival.
The Azerbaijani booth, which also showcased colorful Azerbaijani national costumes worn by members of the California Azerbaijan Friendship Association and Azerbaijani community activists, received much acclaim.
Source: Consulate General of Azerbaijan in Los Angeles
- Древнее наследие Азербайджана будет представлено в Нью-Йорке
- Azerbaijan is of great regional and global importance – American Jewish Committee
- Президент Ильхам Алиев принял делегацию во главе с исполнительным директором Американского еврейского комитета
- Джейхун Байрамов и помощник госсекретаря США обсудили ситуацию в регионе
- США готовы поддержать всеобъемлющее урегулирование между Азербайджаном и Арменией