By virtue of its traditions of tolerance, Azerbaijan has been recognized as an exemplary country not only among Muslim states, but throughout the world, President of the US-based Foundation for Ethnic Understanding Marc Schneier said March 5, Trend reports.
He was speaking at an international conference “From Interreligious and Inter-civilizational Dialogue to Cooperation.”
He noted that religious tolerance have ruled in Azerbaijan for hundreds of years. He also said that Heydar Aliyev played a special role in strengthening tolerance in Azerbaijan. Religious tolerance became a priority issue for Heydar Aliyev, Marc Schneier added.
He noted that the organization he represents aims to build a bridge between evangelical Christians and Muslims around the world.
Based on the foundation’s observations, it can be said that so far there has been no complete understanding between Muslims and evangelical Christians, he added.
However, the participation of well-known evangelical leaders in this event in Azerbaijan contributes greatly to the essence of the event, he said.
- Global Soundscapes Festival – Из Канады в Азербайджан
- Memory of victims of January 20 tragedy honored in Azerbaijan’s Shusha city
- Thirty-one years have passed since the bloody 20 January
- Karabakh to become ecotourism center of regional importance – Association of Hotels and Restaurants of Azerbaijan
- Шуша станет одним из символических городов азербайджанского туризма