By virtue of its traditions of tolerance, Azerbaijan has been recognized as an exemplary country not only among Muslim states, but throughout the world, President of the US-based Foundation for Ethnic Understanding Marc Schneier said March 5, Trend reports.
He was speaking at an international conference “From Interreligious and Inter-civilizational Dialogue to Cooperation.”
He noted that religious tolerance have ruled in Azerbaijan for hundreds of years. He also said that Heydar Aliyev played a special role in strengthening tolerance in Azerbaijan. Religious tolerance became a priority issue for Heydar Aliyev, Marc Schneier added.
He noted that the organization he represents aims to build a bridge between evangelical Christians and Muslims around the world.
Based on the foundation’s observations, it can be said that so far there has been no complete understanding between Muslims and evangelical Christians, he added.
However, the participation of well-known evangelical leaders in this event in Azerbaijan contributes greatly to the essence of the event, he said.
- Azerbaijani community celebrates Novruz in California
- Novruz Celebration in Brooklyn, New York
- Арас и Эмин Агаларовы обратились в американский суд
- Новый посол: У США и Азербайджана крепкое партнерство
- President of the US-based Foundation for Ethnic Understanding Marc Schneier: Azerbaijan recognized as model country for its traditions of tolerance