The presentation on Azerbaijan was held at the Arizona State Senate on February 11, 2019. Held during the Senate’s floor session, the presentation was attended by Consul General of Azerbaijan in Los Angeles Nasimi Aghayev.
Speaking at the session, Senator J.D. Mesnard informed the Senators about Azerbaijan. Recalling his visit to Azerbaijan, J.D. Mesnard noted Azerbaijan’s economic development, interfaith harmony and tolerance, and traditions of multiculturalism. He also introduced Consul General Aghayev to the Senators.
During his working visit to Arizona, Consul General Aghayev met with the President of the Arizona State Senate Karen Fann, the Speaker of the Arizona State House of Representatives Russell Bowers and other Senators and Representatives. At the meetings Consul General informed the legislators about Azerbaijan’s history of independence, its geographic location, traditions of multiculturalism and interfaith harmony. Moreover, he informed the lawmakers about the Armenia-Azerbaijan conflict and highlighted the latest developments in the peace process.
At the invitation of America Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC), which is one of the most influential Jewish organizations in the United States, Consul General Nasimi Aghayev also attended AIPAC’s annual gala in Arizona. At the gala Consul General Aghayev had the opportunity to meet with U.S. Senators and Congresspersons, who represent Arizona in Washington, DC.
Source: Consulate General of Azerbaijan in Los Angeles
- World-famous Azerbaijani composer Firanghiz Ali-Zadeh to perform in Los Angeles
- Azerbaijani oncologists win award in California
- President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev: The Republic of Azerbaijan and the United States of America are bound together by the ties of friendship and cooperation
- Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan met with the Assistant to the President of the United States of America for National Security Affairs
- The Azerbaijani side expresses its gratitude to the United States as co-chair of the OSCE Minsk Group for organizing a meeting of the foreign ministers of Azerbaijan and Armenia