Azerbaijan’s Consul General meets U.S. Ambassador-at-Large for International Religious Freedom
Consul General of Azerbaijan in Los Angeles Nasimi Aghayev met Sam Brownback, Ambassador-at-Large for International Religious Freedom of the U.S. State Department, on October 8, 2018, on the sidelines of an international symposium in the State of Utah.
At the meeting, Consul General gave detailed information about Azerbaijan’s ancient traditions of multiculturalism, interfaith tolerance and harmony. Aghayev noted that people of different ethnic and religious backgrounds have been living together in peace, dignity and mutual respect, and have openly been practicing their religions, customs and traditions for many centuries in Azerbaijan. The Consul General emphasized that today Azerbaijan is a place where Muslims, Christians, Jews and representatives of other faiths continue to live together in an atmosphere marked by mutual respect and acceptance, showing to the wider region and beyond the possibility of sustainable peace among religions, even during these tumultuous times in the world. Then the sides discussed these and other issues of mutual interest.
Sam Brownback served as U.S. Senator (1996-2011) and U.S.Congressman (1995-1996) from Kansas. He also served as the Governor of Kansas from 2011 to 2018. In February 2018, President Trump appointed him U.S. Ambassador-at-Large for International Religious Freedom.
Source: Consulate General of Azerbaijan in Los Angeles
- Зимняя акция от AZAL: Бесплатный авиабилет детям при путешествии с родителями
- Azerbaijan Airlines (AZAL) announces a new winter campaign: Free air tickets for children traveling with parents
- Бакинская высшая школа нефти укрепляет партнерские связи с Baker Hughes, General Electric Company
- Elin Suleymanov: “Independent Azerbaijan is best tribute to sacrifice of those who died during January 20 events”
- Элин Сулейманов: “Независимый Азербайджан – это лучшая дань памяти жертвам событий 20 января 1990 года.”