Although the fifth round of 2018 Sinquefield Cup between Azerbaijani grandmaster Shahriyar Mammadyarov and American Hikaru Nakamura ended in a draw, Mammadyarov still remains in the leading group.
All games in this round ended in a draw, Trend Life reported.
Fabiano Caruana (USA) and Maxim Vachier-Lagrave (France), Alexander Grischuk (Russia) and Sergey Karyakin (Russia), Levon Aronian (Armenia) and Viswanathan Anand (India), and Magnus Carlsen (Norway) and Wesley So (USA) played on the fifth day of the tournament.
After five rounds, Mammadyarov, Grischuk, Carlsen, Aronian and Caruana, who scored 3 points each, rank first in the standings. Maxime Vachier-Lagrave and Viswanathan Anand with the assets of 2.5 points each occupied the 6th and 7th places respectively.
Wesley So scored 2 points, while Sergey Karyakin and Hikaru Nakamura gain 1.5 points.
The 2018 Sinquefield Cup is an elite international event, featuring 10 of the strongest chess players in the world.
Over the course of nine rounds, these competitors will battle for $300,000 in prize money, points toward the Grand Chess Tour, and the coveted title of 2018 Sinquefield Cup Champion.
- U.S. Cities of Las Vegas, Honolulu, San Diego and Monterey proclaim May 28 as ‘Azerbaijan National Day’
- PRESS STATEMENT- MICHAEL R. POMPEO, SECRETARY OF STATE -Azerbaijan Republic Day
- New Radio Programs – World Azerbaijanis Diaspora FM will Launch Projects on the eve of May 28 Republic Day
- Во Флориде объявили 28 мая “Днем Руспублики Азербайджана”
- City of Torrance in California proclaims May 28 as ‘Azerbaijan National Day’