The Mayor of the US capital city of Washington Muriel Bowser signed the proclamation in connection with the centennial of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic, says the message of the Azerbaijani Embassy in the United States.
It is noted in the proclamation that on May 28, 1918, Azerbaijan declared its independence by establishing the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic, and the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic became the first secular parliamentary democracy in the Muslim world and was recognized by other democratic nations, including the United States of America.
It is emphasized that over the last quarter century, the Republic of Azerbaijan has become a staunch and strategic partner of the United States of America in the Caspian region.
It is also noted in the proclamation that the Embassy of Azerbaijan has partnered with Washington, DC and contributes to the educational and cultural diversity of this city.
In conclusion, Mayor Muriel Bowser proclaims May 28, 2018 in Washington, DC the Azerbaijan National Day.
- Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan met with the Assistant to the President of the United States of America for National Security Affairs
- The Azerbaijani side expresses its gratitude to the United States as co-chair of the OSCE Minsk Group for organizing a meeting of the foreign ministers of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- Hikmet Hajiyev speaks at Atlantic Council in Washington, DC
- Azerbaijan Airlines (AZAL) intends to postpone the timing of delivery of Boeing 737 MAX-8 aircraft
- Azerbaijani movie wins Vitruvian Award in Los Angeles