Heydar Aliyev Award was Presented to Donald Rumsfeld during the event dedicated to the 95th birthday anniversary of Heydar Aliyev held in Washington, DC at Meridian International Center , according to information posted on official twitter account of the Embassy of the Republic of Azerbaijan to the United States.
Azerbaijani Ambassador to the US, Elin Suleymanov delivered a speech at the event. “Tonight, we celebrate Heydar Aliyev’s 95th birthday and 100 years of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic. Azerbaijan’s founding father Heydar Aliyev laid the foundation for the strong U.S. and Azerbaijan relations.
The Heydar Aliyev Award this year honors the contributions of Donald Rumsfeld in fostering peace, stability throughout Central Asia. We also celebrate tonight the incredible bond between the United States and Azerbaijan. Donald Rumsfeld has done an incredible job bringing the region together has helped so many gain a better understanding of Azerbaijan, the entire region of Central Asia.”
- Former US Ambassador: “Azerbaijan has potential to become essential transportation hub for all SCO countries”
- USAID to support creation of common transit space across Trans-Caspian region
- Azerbaijani, Canadian FM’s hold phone talks
- Госсекретарь США Энтони Блинкен позвонил Президенту Ильхаму Алиеву
- President Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to US President Joe Biden