“Pomegranate Orchard” movie by national film-maker Ilgar Najaf has won Best Feature Film Grand Jury Prize Bridging the Borders Award at South East European Film Festival.
From April 26 through May 3, the film festival brought world premieres, European talent and an Industry Accelerator with seminars, panels and 1-on-1 meetings to Los Angeles.
Launched three years ago, the SEEfest Accelerator platform is an industry section of the festival, structured as a series of sessions with small group of filmmakers and 1-on-1 meetings with Hollywood professionals.
“Pomegranate Orchard” features a story about an old man, who lives along with his grandson and daughter-in-law in the decrepit house amidst of the huge pomegranate garden. Sudden comeback of his wayward son has changed a gentle rhythm of their peaceful existence. Forgotten bitter memories have come back and even more, new challenges are in store for them.
Scriptwriters are Asif Rustamov, Ilgar Najafov and Roelof Jan Minneboo (The Netherlands). Operator-director is Aykhan Salar (Germany), animation director is Rafig Nasirov, executive producer Akif Aliyev, and producer Mushfig Hatamov.
The cast includes Gurban Ismayilov, Anar Hasanov, Samimi Farhadov and Hasan Agayev.
The world premiere of the movie was held within the “East of the West” competition of the Czech Karlovy Vary International Film Festival.
In 2017, Ilgar Najaf won the prize of the 11th Asia Pacific Screen Awards. The filmmaker gained victory in the “Young Cinema” nomination.
- Former US Ambassador: “Azerbaijan has potential to become essential transportation hub for all SCO countries”
- USAID to support creation of common transit space across Trans-Caspian region
- Azerbaijani, Canadian FM’s hold phone talks
- Госсекретарь США Энтони Блинкен позвонил Президенту Ильхаму Алиеву
- President Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to US President Joe Biden