“Pomegranate Orchard” movie by national film-maker Ilgar Najaf has won Best Feature Film Grand Jury Prize Bridging the Borders Award at South East European Film Festival.
From April 26 through May 3, the film festival brought world premieres, European talent and an Industry Accelerator with seminars, panels and 1-on-1 meetings to Los Angeles.
Launched three years ago, the SEEfest Accelerator platform is an industry section of the festival, structured as a series of sessions with small group of filmmakers and 1-on-1 meetings with Hollywood professionals.
“Pomegranate Orchard” features a story about an old man, who lives along with his grandson and daughter-in-law in the decrepit house amidst of the huge pomegranate garden. Sudden comeback of his wayward son has changed a gentle rhythm of their peaceful existence. Forgotten bitter memories have come back and even more, new challenges are in store for them.
Scriptwriters are Asif Rustamov, Ilgar Najafov and Roelof Jan Minneboo (The Netherlands). Operator-director is Aykhan Salar (Germany), animation director is Rafig Nasirov, executive producer Akif Aliyev, and producer Mushfig Hatamov.
The cast includes Gurban Ismayilov, Anar Hasanov, Samimi Farhadov and Hasan Agayev.
The world premiere of the movie was held within the “East of the West” competition of the Czech Karlovy Vary International Film Festival.
In 2017, Ilgar Najaf won the prize of the 11th Asia Pacific Screen Awards. The filmmaker gained victory in the “Young Cinema” nomination.
- Фонд возрождения Карабаха организовал поездку в Агдам делегации Азербайджано-американской торговой палаты
- Посольство США в Азербайджане поблагодарило служивших в Афганистане азербайджанских миротворцев
- ABŞ səfiri: Naxçıvan beynəlxalq turistləri qəbul etmək üçün ideal bir məkandır
- Ilham Aliyev received delegation led by Governor of the U.S. State of Oklahoma
- Azerbaijan appoints new ambassador to US