Grammy winner to perform in Baku.
The Baku-based Heydar Aliyev Center will host a concert by famous American jazz singer Patti Austin.
The singer will present her album “For Ella”, dedicated to the memory of the legendary jazz singer, world-famous Ella Fitzgerald, in Baku on November 15, Trend reported.
Her Baku concert will mark the 100th anniversary of the “First Lady Of Jazz “.
Grammy winner Patti Austin crosses all musical genres. She has made 17 solo albums, and has performed her award-nominated hit songs on the GRAMMYS and the Oscars.
She was just four years old when she made her debut at the Apollo Theater.
Patti Austin became one of the most accomplished vocalists of the 1980s, working with everyone from Michael Jackson and Paul Simon to Harry Belafonte.
Commercial success came with fourth album “Every Home Should Have One (1982)” and hit single “Baby, Come To Me”.
The musician won her first Grammy Award for Best Jazz Vocal Album for Avant Gershwin in 2008
- US Ambassador Robert F. Cekuta and his spouse Mrs. Cekuta visited the Salyan American Corner
- AZAL and Boeing signed agreement on purchase of new modern aircrafts
- Министр энергетики провел переговоры с послом США
- AZAL и Boeing подписали соглашение на закупку новых самолетов
- ‘Boogie man’ by Steven Seagal and EMIN [VIDEO]