Lincoln Center has made multiple mistakes on its website when advertising the Leyli and Majnun event that they are hosting in October.
Please consider sending the letter/email to Lincoln Center,
email should be sent to: email@example.com
Subject of the email must say “Layla and Majnun Complaint”
My name is _, and I am a member of the Azerbaijani community in the US, a community that has many members interested in attending the Leyli and Majnun opera event in October. Several mistakes in the advertisement for this event on Lincoln Center’s website have come to the attention of our community, making us reconsider our decision to buy tickets and attend the event:
1) The name of the Azerbaijani composer, Uzeyir Hajibeyov, who has composed this opera, is not mentioned anywhere in the event information. It is important for us that all the advertisement (website, paper, poster, etc) state that the composer was Uzeyir Hajibeyov, and that he was from Azerbaijan.
2) The name of the opera is “Leyli and Majnun,” not “Layla and Majnun”
3) The advertisement should say that “it is the first Muslim opera written IN AZERBAIJAN more than a century ago.” Right now, the origin of the opera or of the composer is unmentioned
4) The ad says that “Layla and Majnun are central characters in Persian and Arabian folklore,” while the opera was based on the poems about Leyli and Majnun written by Nizami Ganjavi (12th century) and Fizuli (16th century), two Azerbaijani poets. It is therefore absolutely crucial that it the advertsiement says “Leyli and Majnun are central characters in Azerbaijani folklore” or at least “Leyli and Majnun are central characters in Persian, Arabian, and Azerbaijani folklore.”
It is very important for our community that these changes are made to the advertisements on the website, brochures, flyers, posters, or any other media that Lincoln Center publishes about the event.
We appreciate your time and attention!
- World-famous Azerbaijani composer Firanghiz Ali-Zadeh to perform in Los Angeles
- Azerbaijani oncologists win award in California
- President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev: The Republic of Azerbaijan and the United States of America are bound together by the ties of friendship and cooperation
- Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan met with the Assistant to the President of the United States of America for National Security Affairs
- The Azerbaijani side expresses its gratitude to the United States as co-chair of the OSCE Minsk Group for organizing a meeting of the foreign ministers of Azerbaijan and Armenia