Lincoln Center has made multiple mistakes on its website when advertising the Leyli and Majnun event that they are hosting in October.
Please consider sending the letter/email to Lincoln Center,
email should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject of the email must say “Layla and Majnun Complaint”
My name is _, and I am a member of the Azerbaijani community in the US, a community that has many members interested in attending the Leyli and Majnun opera event in October. Several mistakes in the advertisement for this event on Lincoln Center’s website have come to the attention of our community, making us reconsider our decision to buy tickets and attend the event:
1) The name of the Azerbaijani composer, Uzeyir Hajibeyov, who has composed this opera, is not mentioned anywhere in the event information. It is important for us that all the advertisement (website, paper, poster, etc) state that the composer was Uzeyir Hajibeyov, and that he was from Azerbaijan.
2) The name of the opera is “Leyli and Majnun,” not “Layla and Majnun”
3) The advertisement should say that “it is the first Muslim opera written IN AZERBAIJAN more than a century ago.” Right now, the origin of the opera or of the composer is unmentioned
4) The ad says that “Layla and Majnun are central characters in Persian and Arabian folklore,” while the opera was based on the poems about Leyli and Majnun written by Nizami Ganjavi (12th century) and Fizuli (16th century), two Azerbaijani poets. It is therefore absolutely crucial that it the advertsiement says “Leyli and Majnun are central characters in Azerbaijani folklore” or at least “Leyli and Majnun are central characters in Persian, Arabian, and Azerbaijani folklore.”
It is very important for our community that these changes are made to the advertisements on the website, brochures, flyers, posters, or any other media that Lincoln Center publishes about the event.
We appreciate your time and attention!
- Forbes рассказало о туристическом потенциале Азербайджана
- Steven Seagal will become a special guest of the International Music Festival Zhara 2018 in Baku
- Государственный департамент США поддерживает проект “Южный газовый коридор”
- Azerbaijan Ministry of Transport, Communications and High Technologies has signed a three-year agreement with Microsoft for the purchase of software licenses
- Azerbaijan strengthens its influence on world stage