Lincoln Center has made multiple mistakes on its website when advertising the Leyli and Majnun event that they are hosting in October.
1. The name of the Azerbaijani composer, Uzeyir Hajibeyov, who has composed this opera, is not mentioned anywhere in the event information.
2. The name of the opera is “Leyli and Majnun,” not “Layla and Majnun”
3. The advertisement should say that “it is the first Muslim opera written IN AZERBAIJAN more than a century ago.” Right now, the origin of the opera or of the composer is unmentioned
4. The ad says that “Layla and Majnun are central characters in Persian and Arabian folklore,” while the opera was based on the poems about Leyli and Majnun written by Nizami Ganjavi (12th century) and Fizuli (16th century), two Azerbaijani poets. It is therefore absolutely crucial that it the advertsiement says “Leyli and Majnun are central characters in Azerbaijani folklore” or at least “Leyli and Majnun are central characters in Persian, Arabian, and Azerbaijani folklore.”
- Forbes рассказало о туристическом потенциале Азербайджана
- Steven Seagal will become a special guest of the International Music Festival Zhara 2018 in Baku
- Государственный департамент США поддерживает проект “Южный газовый коридор”
- Azerbaijan Ministry of Transport, Communications and High Technologies has signed a three-year agreement with Microsoft for the purchase of software licenses
- Azerbaijan strengthens its influence on world stage