The U.S. Embassy in Azerbaijan opened the Kurdemir American Corner, located in Kurdemir’s Central Library on July 19.
Ambassador Robert Cekuta attended the opening ceremony, delivering brief remarks about the importance of the American Corner as a resource for the local community.
Representatives of Kurdemir’s Executive Committee and Ministry of Culture were also present.
Cekuta presented new equipment, technology and materials to the library, as well as a gift of books for Kurdemir’s Central Library. He also met with future users of the Kurdemir American Corner to speak with them about their goals, and how the resources at the American Corner can help them and benefit their community.
The American Corner in Kurdemir is now open for language learning and educational programming.
The American Corner Program, which includes a flagship Baku American Center at the Azerbaijan University of Languages and regional American Corners in Kurdemir, Ganja, Salyan, Sheki and Xachmaz, is an excellent resource for Azerbaijanis looking to improve their English, access information about the U.S., learn more about educational or exchange opportunities, or participate in innovative high-tech projects at the Maker Space.
The corners offer lectures, conversation clubs, and a variety of other activities, as well as free internet and computer access for everyone in the community.
- Forbes рассказало о туристическом потенциале Азербайджана
- Steven Seagal will become a special guest of the International Music Festival Zhara 2018 in Baku
- Государственный департамент США поддерживает проект “Южный газовый коридор”
- Azerbaijan Ministry of Transport, Communications and High Technologies has signed a three-year agreement with Microsoft for the purchase of software licenses
- Azerbaijan strengthens its influence on world stage